Baburam is a consultant at the World Bank, Nepal. Earlier, he worked as an Adjunct Professor of Economics at Temple University (Japan Campus) and as a Research Associate at the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) in Tokyo, Japan. Currently, he is also a Visiting Researcher at the University of Tokyo, Japan and a Visiting Faculty at Mid-Western University’s Master In International And Cooperation Development (MICD) program in Kathmandu, Nepal.
He has a PhD in Economics from Yokohama National University, Japan.
- Skills and Education Development
- Health Economics
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Gender and Inclusion
- N. Yoshino, F. Taghizadeh-Hesary, P. Charoensivakorn, and B. Niraula “Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) Credit Risk Analysis Using Bank Lending Data: An Analysis of Thai SMEs” Journal of Comparative Asian Development Vol. 15, Iss. 3, 2016
- R. Singh; H. Yabar, N. Nozaki; B. Niraula; T. Mizunoya “Comparative Study of Linkage between Environmental Policy Instruments and Technological Innovation: Case Study on End-of-Life Vehicles Technologies in Japan and EU”, Waste Management 66 (2017) 114–122
- B. Niraula, “Effect of Emigration on Wage Earning in Nepal” Proceedings of Economic and Social Development/ 19th International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development, Melbourne, 9-10 February 2017 (Peer-Reviewed Conference Publication)
- Hill Hiroki Kobayashi, Keijiro Nakagawa, Ko Makiyama, Yuta Sasaki, Hiromi Kudo, Baburam Niraula and Kaoru Sezaki. Animal-to-Animal Data Sharing Mechanism for Wildlife Monitoring in Fukushima Exclusion Zone, Multimodal Technologies and Interaction Special Issue, (doi: 10.3390/mti2030040)